Locations in Nicaragua
Nicaragua offers very specific locations and clients look for this location when strictly needed due to facilities they already have in the country. Location options include farms, active volcanoes, water bodies such as Lake Nicaragua and the colonial city of Granada.
Why come to Nicaragua
little support for foreign productions due to its current political environment
government support is very limited
this environment is better for low key, small productions that move quickly
resources are limited but there is some availability in crew and equipment
RED camera available and some lighting equipment
drone usage is not allowed due to political constraints
Production Houses: Caviar, Psyop, Reset, MJZ, Moxie Pictures, Smuggler, RSA Films, Wanda, Prodigious Australia, Supply and Demand, Iconoclast, Anonymus Content, Slim Productions, Park Pictures ...
Directors: Arnaud Uyttenhove, Borja Pena, Wally Pfister, Juan Cabral, Jaron Albertin, Martin Granger, Neels Castillon, Andreas Smetana, Michael Lawrence, Tarsem Singh, Errol Morris, Lucy Walker, Keith Schofield, Romain Gavras, Vincent Haycook, Malcom Venville, Vincent Urban
Costa Rica is a green country in general. 99% of the electric energy used in the country comes from renewable sources. Additionally to that we are doing the following on all our productions:
- recycle areas in the office and on set (for crew and client areas).
- reusable water bottles; refill stations for water, Gatorade and Ice tea
- filtered (5 stages) water set up at the office to avoid buying water bottles for foreign crew
- solar power panels at our offices.
- electric vehicle for the production office
- we compost
- drivers are instructed to always turn off the vehicles while parked or waiting to reduce footprint
- print only when really needed, try to be as paperless as much as possible